Saturday, April 7, 2012

BAY SHORE (G3) QUOTES

Saturday, April 7, 2012

 

BAY SHORE (G3) QUOTES

 

Shivananda Parbhoo, winning owner of favored Trinniberg (No. 1): “The performance was amazing. I knew he would go to the lead. He’s the class of the race. [Jockey Willie Martinez] didn’t even use him at all. The plans are the Preakness, but let me see how good he comes out. There’s a 15 percent chance for the Kentucky Derby. I want to go long. I wanted to do that [and run him in the Wood Memorial], but I don’t think he was ready. I wanted to go to the New Orleans race [the Louisiana Derby], but I canceled 15 minutes before the race. Me and my pops [trainer Bisnath Parboo] are an amazing team.”

On stretching out: “Every time he runs and you ask him, he wants to give more. You see this race, and it’s unbelievable.”

 

Willie Martinez, winning jockey aboard favored Trinniberg (No. 1): “You should never be too confident going into a race. It’s horse racing – anything can happen – but I was overwhelmed with confidence. Once I cleared the chute I knew it was all over. I was just trying to be the passenger. He’s the pilot.”

 

Junior Alvarado, rider aboard runner-up runner-up Hardened Wildcat (No. 6): “I had a perfect trip for him. He was where he likes to be, settled back, very relaxed. When I picked it up, my horse really took off and finished really strong, but the speed’s been holding. The horse who won the race won it pretty easy. I’m really impressed with my horse; he was the only one coming from behind. Today horses haven’t been coming from behind. I thought there might be a little more speed, but my horse doesn’t have speed and I didn’t want to squeeze him the first part or else he wouldn’t finish.”