Sunday, February 12, 2012

WINDSWEPT WINGS (NYB) QUOTES

Sunday, February 12, 2012

 

WINDSWEPT WINGS (NYB) QUOTES

 

Jose Calderon, assistant to Tom Bush, winning trainer of Beautiful But Blue: “After each race, she’s been a totally different filly. She’s growing into herself, and mentally she’s learning. I said, ‘If she takes the lead, just go ahead.’ We didn’t want her to get rank and uncomfortable.”

 

Junior Alvarado, winning jockey aboard Beautiful But Blue (No. 1): “I had a lot of horse, and I had to take her back all the way or go the lead. I had ridden the filly before and knew she had enough speed to get out real quick. I went to the lead and tried to relax her, and she did everything else by herself. She’s a big filly, and when I rode her [in six-furlong races] after she would keep bounding around the turn, so I knew she’d be good going a longer distance.”