Sunday, February 12, 2012

MR. G.J.G STAKES (NYB) QUOTES

Sunday, February 12, 2012

 

MR. G.J.G STAKES (NYB) QUOTES

 

Dominic Galluscio, winning trainer of Stormy’s Majesty (No. 4): “Last time he ran he stumbled badly at the start and lost all chance. He likes to run free. Today we got out well. The gray horse [No. 7 Inherit the Gold] was coming at us, but we held him off. When I saw the second quarter [47.45], I was OK with that. [Stormy’s Majesty] is a game horse. Inherit the Gold is a good horse, but we had a tactical pace advantage.

 

“The Kings Point [$75,000, 1 1/16 miles, March 3] will probably be his next start.”

 

C.C. Lopez, winning rider aboard Stormy’s Majesty (No. 4): “Dominic had expressed that he might choke up a little if you grabbed him too much. To my heart’s delight, he broke and I was able to take a long hold. When he got to the lead going to the elbow, I was able to take that long hold and let him breathe. And from there, I just had to keep him interested. He ran his eyeballs out and I was glad I was able to hold off the onslaught of Inherit the Gold. The horse ran really, really well.”