Sunday, September 21, 2014

Joseph A. Gimma (NYB) Quotes

The New York Racing Association, Inc.

September 21, 2014

Joseph A. Gimma (NYB) Quotes

Mark Stanley, winning owner of Temper Mint Patty (No. 1): "I like [her sire] Congrats a lot; I think he's very underrated. The main thing is, Becky Thomas, who consigned [Temper Mint Patty] in the 2-year-old sale, had a lot of confidence in her, and she actually bought her back in the sale. I went and talked to her after, and she was high on her. She's a pretty filly, so we felt like she was worth the money. She's been a lot of fun so far."

 

"I thought in the first race she showed a lot of talent, but she matured before this one in just three weeks. Hopefully before the first Friday in May she'll be even better. Friday [Kentucky Oaks], not Saturday."

 

Irad Ortiz, Jr., winning jockey aboard Temper Mint Patty (No. 1): "The horse in front of me tried to get out bad. I had some horse and I took a chance, and when I asked her she went right through. I think she can go further, too. She's all right."

 

Forward this email



This email was sent to patrickjpatten.tpaposts@blogger.com by nyracommunications@nyrainc.com |  


The New York Racing Association, Inc. | NYRA | Press Office | P.O. Box 90 | Jamaica | NY | 11417