Sunday, September 21, 2014

Bertram F. Bongard (NYB) Quotes

The New York Racing Association, Inc.

Sunday, September 21, 2014

 

Bertram F. Bongard (NYB) Quotes

 

Lisa Lewis, winning trainer of Saratoga Heater (No. 1): "I know [his former connections] were very high on Saratoga Heater, and when we got him there was nothing that we didn't like about him. He's done everything right; he had a beautiful breeze here the other day. I was quietly confident going into this race." 


On training for PR Racing, winning owner of Saratoga Heater, in addition to William Schettine of Signature Stallions: "I've trained privately for Mr. Schettine for almost five years now and we've had a really good run. I still train for him, but he's cutting back a little bit and I just wanted an opportunity to get some more young horses. For me, that's where it's at, trying to get a good, young horse, so here we are."

 

Joel Rosario, winning jockey aboard Saratoga Heater (No. 1): "I thought I would be a little bit off the pace, since he came from way off the pace last time. He was really sharp today and broke on top. I let him be happy and cruise along. He took me all the way, so it was a good race for him. It didn't seem anyone was trying to go with me, so that was good, too." 

Forward this email



This email was sent to patrickjpatten.tpaposts@blogger.com by nyracommunications@nyrainc.com |  


The New York Racing Association, Inc. | NYRA | Press Office | P.O. Box 90 | Jamaica | NY | 11417