Saturday, August 23, 2014

Travers (G1) flash quotes

The New York Racing Association, Inc.

 

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Travers (G1) Flash Quotes

Jimmy Jerkens, winning trainer of V. E. Day (No. 4): "It means an awful lot. It's unreal. I just feel bad for Wicked Strong; that's the only thing, he ran so hard. [But] I'll take it."

 

Did Tonalist putting pressure on Bayern help your horses? "I loved the way he was sitting on the backside. Horses are in that spot all day today and doing good. It looked like it was a very fair racetrack today, and that was good to see."

 

Javier Castellano, winning jockey aboard V. E. Day (No. 4): "I was very satisfied, the way my horse did it today. I'm happy for Jimmy; he's a great horseman. He does such a good job. We've had good experiences in the past, winning the Travers with Afleet Express."

 

"The way I handicapped the race, a couple of horses had speed. In the Curlin he came from way back. I learned a lot watching that race. I just took my time. I had a lot of patience, and it paid off today."

 

"I'm very fortunate to ride a lot of good horses. I'm very blessed to win four Travers."

.

Forward this email



This email was sent to patrickjpatten.tpaposts@blogger.com by nyracommunications@nyrainc.com |  


The New York Racing Association, Inc. | NYRA | Press Office | P.O. Box 90 | Jamaica | NY | 11417