Monday, August 25, 2014

Smart N Fancy Quotes

The New York Racing Association, Inc.

Monday, August 25, 2014


 

Smart N Fancy Quotes


 

Ian Wilkes, winning trainer of Free as a Bird (No. 8): "I thought I had no shot; we were buried. Amazing. I'm speechless on that race; it was an amazing performance. I knew where she was and I didn't think I was going to win. About the whole stretch [I thought I was done], until she poked a head between them, then I thought, 'We've got a shot now.' What acceleration. I thought we were going to run a good third or fourth, and she won by half a length."


 

"She's into a nice rhythm; she's really confident. Horses know when they win, they have that demeanor about them. This filly is very confident about what she's doing at the moment. There's an air of confidence about her, and that's different than last year. If I can just keep her staying in that rhythm I think we'll be OK."


 

Joel Rosario, winning jockey aboard Free as a Bird (No. 8): "I had nowhere to go. I had to just hold on today and just little by little get my position there, and then I had to check it again. I thought, 'Oh, man, this isn't good,' but she was so good we were able to get the job done today. She has a good turn of foot. That was an impressive race."


Forward this email



This email was sent to patrickjpatten.tpaposts@blogger.com by nyracommunications@nyrainc.com |  


The New York Racing Association, Inc. | NYRA | Press Office | P.O. Box 90 | Jamaica | NY | 11417