Thursday, July 31, 2014

A.P. Smithwick Memorial Steeplechase (G1) Quotes

The New York Racing Association, Inc.

Thursday, July 31, 2014

 

A.P. Smithwick Memorial Steeplechase (G1) Quotes

Elizabeth Voss, winning trainer of Makarri (No. 2): "This is my first graded win.

It's exciting to have it be in Saratoga, a place we love so much. We can't take a lot of credit for this horse, we've only had him two weeks. My husband picked himout for his owners; he got off the plane, and he seemed pretty straightforward. it means so much. We took a chance and it worked out. The last jump always makes me nervous: I thought we got the bob last week, and that we missed it this week."

 

Jack Doyle, winning jockey aboard Makari (No. 2): "We had a perfect way around. He traveled like a dream the whole way, never missed a beat. I actually didn't think I got there, another couple of strides and I would have. It was brilliant.

 

"This was my first Grade 1, my first winner in America as well. I've only been here a couple of weeks. I've had a few good winners at home, but never a Grade 1. It was brilliant to get that."

 

Forward this email



This email was sent to patrickjpatten.tpaposts@blogger.com by nyracommunications@nyrainc.com |  


The New York Racing Association, Inc. | NYRA | Press Office | P.O. Box 90 | Jamaica | NY | 11417