Saturday, May 3, 2014

Fort Marcy (G3) Quotes

The New York Racing Association, Inc.

Saturday, May 3, 2014

 

Fort Marcy (G3) Quotes

 

Mike Luzzi, winning jockey aboard Five Iron (No. 8): "When I spoke with [trainer Brian Lynch] he basically told me he's a quirky, really strong horse. If you try to rate him, or take hold of him, he'll fight you and he'll run off. It probably looked like he ran off, but I had him. I had him, he didn't have me, which I was happy about. When we got that far in front, at the three-eighths pole, I said, 'Might as well get away now and not wait for them to catch me.' It worked out. Nice horse."

 

Jose Lezcano, jockey aboard eighth-place finisher and beaten favorite Ghurair (No. 5): "My horse had a good trip but he never fired."

This email was sent to patrickjpatten.tpaposts@blogger.com by nyracommunications@nyrainc.com |  
The New York Racing Association, Inc. | NYRA | Press Office | P.O. Box 90 | Jamaica | NY | 11417