Saturday, May 3, 2014

Beaugay (G3) Quotes

The New York Racing Association, Inc.

Saturday, May 3, 2014

 

Beaugay (G3) Quotes

 

Chad Brown, winning trainer of Waterway Run (No. 7): "I thought Jose [Lezcano] did a good job. It looked like she was in tight quarters for most of the race and he just bided his time. When she got in the clear she showed the kick that she has; we were very pleased with the performance and the ride. The distance was key for her. A mile or a mile and a sixteenth is her game."

 

Jose Lezcano, winning jockey aboard Waterway Run (No. 7): "I had a very good trip. She broke good, and I got the position I wanted. She's the kind of filly who will do whatever you ask her. She held her position nicely all the way and when I said, 'Go' she went and won the race. Very impressive."

 

Christophe Clement, trainer of runner-up Orion Moon (No. 4) and seventh-place finisher Irish Mission (No. 9): "Orion Moon ran a very good race. She was in a little tight at the quarter pole and finished gamely. Second best, I guess. Irish Mission went a little quick and was a sixteenth short. We'll see her back in the Sheepshead Bay [Grade 2, $200,000, 1 3/8 miles, May 24, Belmont Park]."

 

Junior Alvarado, jockey aboard runner-up Orion Moon (No. 4): "I had a perfect trip. If I could have changed anything, if I had found my spot to turn for home and run a sixteenth earlier than when I did, it might have made a difference. Nevertheless, she gave me a great effort."

This email was sent to patrickjpatten.tpaposts@blogger.com by nyracommunications@nyrainc.com |  
The New York Racing Association, Inc. | NYRA | Press Office | P.O. Box 90 | Jamaica | NY | 11417