Friday, July 23, 2010

JAMES MARVIN QUOTES

Friday, July 23, 2010

 

 

JAMES MARVIN QUOTES

 

Rick Mettee, assistant to winning trainer Saeed bin Suroor of Vineyard Haven (No. 4): “He broke sharp, and that made it easy. Alan said that he never thought he was going to get beat. The Forego [Grade 1, seven furlongs, September 4] would be the logical place to run, and a race like the Woodward [Grade 1, 1 1/8th miles, September 4] would be a bolder place to go. I just have to talk to Saeed [bin Suroor].”

 

Alan Garcia, winning jockey aboard Vineyard Haven (No. 4): “It was a very good comeback for him. I was very excited with the way he ran. It was quite impressive. I wasn't worried that the other horse [Flat Bold] stayed with us. I was so confident with my horse. I was in hand with him throughout. When I asked him to go a little bit, he took off.”