Saturday, February 4, 2012

CORRECTION STAKES QUOTES

Saturday, February 4, 2012

 

 

CORRECTION STAKES QUOTES

 

Mike Hushion, winning trainer of Nicole H (No. 1): “I thought [Dominguez] was going to be fine getting out of there because the other horse [Golden Mystery] seemed to want to get out around the turn. Cornelio [Velasquez] race-rode my horse pretty strong. It was good riding, but you hope the best horse makes the trainer and jockey look pretty smart. We’ve always felt she was one of the best fillies in the country. We have the rest of the year to prove it.”

 

“There are a lot of choices, but the [Grade 2, $150,000 Distaff Handicap on April 14] would be the obvious one.”

 

Ramon Dominguez, winning jockey aboard Nicole H (No. 1): “I was actually trying to work my way out from the half-mile to the three-eighths pole, but unfortunately, horses kept coming to my outside, and really, I was left with no choice. I felt like I had enough horse and she was handy enough where even if the horse in front had come in, even in a split-second, I had the horse to get inside or outside. I would have rather been tracking on the outside, but I was very happy about the way she was taking me. When she finally got through, she continued going. She was a lot handier than last time.”