Sunday, January 22, 2012

HAYNESFIELD (NYB) QUOTES

Sunday, January 22, 2012

 

 

 

HAYNESFIELD (NYB) QUOTES

 

James Hooper, winning trainer of Inherit the Gold (No. 5): “It was a fabulous performance. I knew he was good in his last two, but he was compromised by the pace and the trip. Today, things went his way. All he needs is a fair chance. If he gets a fair chance, he is going to be right there.”

 

“Right now I was planning on giving him a rest after this one, and I think I will. I’d really like to have him revved up to defend the championship in the King’s Point [$75,000, March 3, Aqueduct] and maybe the Excelsior [Grade 3, $150,000, March 17, Aqueduct]. But we will see what happens tomorrow. Every day is a new day.”

 

“He is an incredible horse. He’s got a lot of personality and a lot of good things about him besides being fast.”

 

Junior Alvarado, winning jockey aboard Inherit the Gold (No. 5): “Last time, we didn’t really have too much pace in front and I never could get him covered up. Today, it was perfect. The speed went to the lead and I just waited and waited and waited, and when I asked him, he was a completely professional horse. He just took off right away and that was it.”