Saturday, January 28, 2012

EVENING ATTIRE QUOTES

Saturday, January 28, 2012

 

 

EVENING ATTIRE QUOTES

 

Artie Magnuson, assistant to winning trainer Kiaran McLaughlin, of Redding Colliery (No. 1): “That was fun! He battled back pretty well. I remember an allowance race with Fernando Jara years ago, the same thing happened – he lost the lead and battled back. I had a flashback turning for home, and I was hoping he’d be game enough to dig in. The Hay family has been so patient with this horse. They get all the credit for just letting us take our time. I’m so happy for them. Kiaran might want to take him to Florida; it’s whatever Kiaran and the Hay family decides. It’s good to see him back on track. We’ve had a lot of good luck with Alan [Garcia] and I’m glad he was on the horse. He’s a great rider.”

 

Alan Garcia, winning jockey aboard Redding Colliery (No. 1): “He broke very well and I wanted to get clear. When he saw the others coming up he gave me a little push and kicked on and finished well. I knew my horse would give me a good finish, and I didn’t know how fit the favorite [I Want Revenge] was.”