Saturday, January 17, 2015

Colonel E. R. Bradley quotes

Col. E. R. Bradley quotes

 

Charlie Smith (owner-trainer of winner String King): “This is a marvelous horse who has won stakes at three, four, five, six and seven. Outside of winning the KY Derby, winning a Grade III in front of the home folks is enough for me. I can tell you the strength of this horse in one word – tenacity.”

 

Mike Smith (jockey, runner-up Gentleman’s Kitten) “(The winner) had to really run to get by me.  I have no excuses.”

 

Shaun Bridgmohan (jockey, Highball, 3rd): “I thought he ran hard. He had to overcome the pace. He tried and ran well.”

 

Florent Geroux (Villandry, beaten favorite, sixth): “Good trip. I had nothing under me. He was flat. He was feeling good and I thought I put him in a decent spot. I didn’t want to give him too much to do.  I was spotting the 5 (winner String King) all the way, but turning for home he just didn’t have it.”




This Churchill Downs Incorporated communication (including any attachments) is intended for the use of the intended recipient(s) only and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or legally protected. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail message and delete all copies of the original communication. Thank you for your cooperation.