Sunday, December 14, 2014

Damon Runyon (NYB) Quotes

Sunday, December 14, 2014


 

Damon Runyon (NYB) Quotes


 

Rudy Rodriguez, winning trainer of Good Luck Gus (No. 12): "Since we got him he's been very special to us. He's been training very, very well. The post position was a little hard; we were thinking of scratching, but I think we made the right decision, and he proved it today. I told [jockey Ruben] Silvera not to worry about losing ground, just be well placed. He fought on, and looked like he could handle 1 1/8 miles today."


 

Michael Dubb, winning owner of Good Luck Gus (No. 12): "I liked this horse so much I wanted to run in the Jerome [Grade 2, January 3]. This horse is by Lookin At Lucky; he wants to go two turns. When we drew the No. 12, I said to Rudy, 'I would be fine waiting' because I have that much confidence in this horse. He's two turns, and getting better. Just 10 minutes before the race we were kidding around, and I said, 'Rudy, what are you going to tell the jockey?' And he said, 'Fourth on the outside, no dirt in the face.' And he said, 'What would you tell the jock?' And I said, 'Well, I would have scratched.' Which shows you what the dumb owner knows. We're really excited about this horse. He keeps going and is training great. To win from out there, you're several lengths the best. We might look at something open next for him."

 

 

 

Forward this email



This email was sent to patrickjpatten.tpaposts@blogger.com by nyracommunications@nyrainc.com |  


The New York Racing Association, Inc. | NYRA | Press Office | P.O. Box 90 | Jamaica | NY | 11417