Saturday, November 8, 2014

Long Island Handicap (G3) Quotes

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Long Island Handicap (G3) Quotes

Christophe Clement, winning trainer of Aigue Marine (No. 1): "She went a bit off form last time, otherwise she's always been a nice filly. We've tried to win the Long Island with her for a few years; it's wonderful she's done it this year. She's going to go back to Europe and become a broodmare now. The trip [John Velazquez] gave her was between superb and unbelievable; that's what you call 'saving ground.'"

 

John Velazquez, winning jockey aboard Aigue Marine (No. 1): "There were only two speed horses, and I [thought I'd] come out of there and get it the way I wanted, try to sit and wait, and that's the way it worked out. I had to bide my time inside the quarter-pole, but at the three-sixteenth pole she came running. I wanted to make sure I had room. Once I cleared the horse inside [me], and I pulled her out, she was running really good, and I said 'I'm going to get there.'"

 

Forward this email



This email was sent to patrickjpatten.tpaposts@blogger.com by nyracommunications@nyrainc.com |  


The New York Racing Association, Inc. | NYRA | Press Office | P.O. Box 90 | Jamaica | NY | 11417