Saturday, November 29, 2014

Cigar Mile Handicap (G1) Quotes

 

Saturday, November 29, 2014

 

Cigar Mile Handicap (G1) Quotes

 

Alfredo Velazquez, winning trainer of Private Zone (No. 1): "He was great. That was the way I was expecting him to run because he was training super. I worked him here the other day, and it was [the slowest] track I have ever seen, and he worked 1:01 4/5.

 

"The fractions didn't bother me because he was doing it easy. When I saw :44 [for the half], I said, 'They're going to have to come and get him.' [The break] was very important because of the track. Everything inside today was running."

 

Martin Pedroza, winning jockey aboard Private Zone (No.1): "Unbelievable performance, I was expecting him to run good but not that good. I was able to get all the speed at once at the break. It was cold, I actually only jogged this horse and even in the Breeders' Cup I only jogged him. Today, I wanted him to run warm because it's cold. It was cold for the horse, it was cold for jockeys."

 

Joel Rosario, jockey aboard beaten favorite and runner-up Secret Circle (No. 6): "He ran great. When I came out of the gate, he kind of stumbled a little bit. But he recovered really quickly; he does everything so easily. I can't believe the horse on the lead just kept on going. I was trying to track him and stay with him, but he was in command the whole way."

 

 

 

Forward this email



This email was sent to patrickjpatten.tpaposts@blogger.com by nyracommunications@nyrainc.com |  


The New York Racing Association, Inc. | NYRA | Press Office | P.O. Box 90 | Jamaica | NY | 11417