Monday, October 13, 2014

Pumpkin Pie Quotes

The New York Racing Association, Inc.

Monday, October 13, 2014

 

Pumpkin Pie Quotes

 

Jimmy Jerkens, winning trainer of Classic Point (No. 3): "I put the blinkers on because I thought it might help her if she got in between horses. She seemed to get discouraged last time. I didn't know if she would be on the lead or not, but said not to discourage her if she was. In between her last race [September 20] and today, we just worked her a couple of times, nothing much. She broke really well today, and I thought she'd be in business when she came out of there real good."

 

Irad Ortiz, Jr., winning jockey aboard Classic Point (No. 3): "My filly was perfect. She broke in front and was happy to be there. Turning for home, she switched leads, and I only had to hit her one time before she took off. When I changed [to a left-handed whip] I lost it. I looked around, and there was no one near us. So I took off my goggles [to use] and tried to keep going. She did it easy."

Forward this email



This email was sent to patrickjpatten.tpaposts@blogger.com by nyracommunications@nyrainc.com |  


The New York Racing Association, Inc. | NYRA | Press Office | P.O. Box 90 | Jamaica | NY | 11417