Saturday, October 11, 2014

Knickerbocker (G3) Quotes

The New York Racing Association, Inc.

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Knickerbocker (G3) Quotes

 

Niall Saville, winning trainer of Legendary (No. 6): "This is my first graded stakes; this horse won my first stake a month ago [Japan Racing Association Stakes at Parx Racing]. I'm very, very pleased. I was a little nervous with the long stretch here, but they weren't catching him. It's a huge honor to train for Walter Swinburn, and for them to send me a horse like this it's just been great. I'd won at Saratoga Race Course and at Aqueduct Racetrack, but until this year I hadn't gotten it done at Belmont. This race had been the goal."

 

Sheldon Russell, winning jockey aboard Legendary (No. 6): "It was a perfect set up. I know the inside horses had a little bit of speed; I was happy that he broke well and put me in a great spot with such a short run into the first turn. After then, well, he's so good. As long as he's on the outside, he comes home real good. Being from England, he'd run on softer courses, so I knew today wasn't going to be a problem for him."

Forward this email



This email was sent to patrickjpatten.tpaposts@blogger.com by nyracommunications@nyrainc.com |  


The New York Racing Association, Inc. | NYRA | Press Office | P.O. Box 90 | Jamaica | NY | 11417