Saturday, October 18, 2014

Iroquois (NYB) Quotes

The New York Racing Association, Inc.


 

Saturday, October 18, 2014

 

 

Iroquois (NYB) Quotes

 

Linda Rice, winning trainer of La Verdad (No. 8): "She obviously likes Belmont and it's nice to get her back in the winner's circle. At Saratoga, she had bled a little bit in the Honorable Miss, and I had to back off on her training and she got a little heavy on me. When I ran her seven-eighths in the Ballerina, she really didn't want to go seven furlongs and she certainly didn't want to do it when she was heavy. The plan today was to go to the lead, hopefully not in :43; the :45 helped. I'm not sure what's next. I had no absolute plans other than to get through today's race and then sort it out based on her performance."

 

Sheila Rosenblum, winning owner of La Verdad (No. 8): "She's a star. I've had her about nine months now, and she has kept going. She clearly likes Belmont more than other places. She's been up against the best of them and she's proven she's one of the best. As I said the first time I won with her, she's New York."

 

Jose Ortiz, winning jockey aboard La Verdad (No. 8): "That filly is unbelievable. She broke good, she put me in the lead, and I just took it as it came. I put my hands down trying to relax her and when I asked her to run she went very well. It was a tough race. I have to say Linda Rice did a tremendous job with the filly, because she brought it 100 percent today. You thought maybe after that [last] race [G2 Gallant Bloom] you might not know how she is going to come back, but she came back 100 percent. Today she was in the right spot."


 


 

Forward this email



This email was sent to patrickjpatten.tpaposts@blogger.com by nyracommunications@nyrainc.com |  


The New York Racing Association, Inc. | NYRA | Press Office | P.O. Box 90 | Jamaica | NY | 11417