Saturday, October 4, 2014

Hill Prince (G3) Quotes

The New York Racing Association, Inc.

 

Saturday, October 4, 2014

 

Hill Prince (G3) Quotes

 

Terry Finley, president of West Point Thoroughbreds, co-owner of winner Ring Weekend (No. 1): "[Trainer] Graham Motion had called me [to discuss about running Ring Weekend over soft turf]. He's over at the Arc. He kind of threw it on me. I've been around the business. I threw it right back on him. We felt pretty comfortable."

 

"Quite frankly, at the eighth pole, I really would have given anything to be on the board. He really surged the last part of it. He had to work for every part of it. It's a good win."

 

Irad Ortiz, Jr., winning jockey aboard Ring Weekend (No. 1): "[Graham Motion] was worried a little bit about the soft turf, but he handled it pretty good. He broke out of there and put me in a good position. I took hold, he relaxed, and he took off when I asked him. [Graham] has done a great job with the horse. He's still learning right now."

 

On bumping with Daddy's Kid (No. 10) in deep stretch: "I felt like he had more in the stretch, so I asked him but he took off and drifted out a little bit. I took a hold as soon as possible, and it was right before the wire."


 

 

Forward this email



This email was sent to patrickjpatten.tpaposts@blogger.com by nyracommunications@nyrainc.com |  


The New York Racing Association, Inc. | NYRA | Press Office | P.O. Box 90 | Jamaica | NY | 11417