Saturday, October 18, 2014

Empire Distaff (NYB) Quotes

The New York Racing Association, Inc.


 

Saturday, October 18, 2014

 

 

Empire Distaff (NYB) Quotes

 

Mike Hushion, winning trainer of Princess Violet (No. 5): "It was sweet. She relaxed better than ever and when [jockey Jose Ortiz] stepped on the gas, she came on. It was perfect; pretty simple. We didn't really want her on the lead because we were afraid someone would take premature runs at her, so we were glad to have targets. [Ortiz] said she felt better than ever. After today, [two turns] are certainly not out of the question."

 

Jose Ortiz, winning jockey aboard Princess Violet (No. 5): "She won two weeks ago and I think that race set it up for her perfectly. Mike did a good job with her. She broke good, and I was wondering what the 1a [Carameaway] was going to do. Then I saw [Sunny Desert], and I knew I was in perfect position. I waited as long as I could, and when I made my move, I had a lot of horse. Today, everything set up perfect."



 

 


 

Forward this email



This email was sent to patrickjpatten.tpaposts@blogger.com by nyracommunications@nyrainc.com |  


The New York Racing Association, Inc. | NYRA | Press Office | P.O. Box 90 | Jamaica | NY | 11417