Saturday, September 6, 2014

Yankee Affair Quotes

The New York Racing Association, Inc.

Saturday, September 6, 2014

 

Yankee Affair Quotes

 

Byron Hughes, assistant to Todd Pletcher, winning trainer of Red Rifle (No. 6): "I think Todd wanted to stretch him out and see if a mile and a half would be best for him, and it all paid off. This race came up just right for him."

 

John Velazquez, winning jockey aboard Red Rifle (No. 6): "We thought if somebody went, I'm on the outside and it would be perfect to sit off whoever goes, instead of being on the lead the whole time. I was able to sit there, bide my time and hope that he would respond, which he did. Last time he got beat, Todd [Pletcher] and I were talking, and he said, 'You know, it seems like he would like to go further, because he galloped out really good,' and I said 'I think so, because he keeps going. He doesn't pick it up too fast, but he just keeps going. I think we should try it.' We did, and it worked."

 

Forward this email



This email was sent to patrickjpatten.tpaposts@blogger.com by nyracommunications@nyrainc.com |  


The New York Racing Association, Inc. | NYRA | Press Office | P.O. Box 90 | Jamaica | NY | 11417