Sunday, September 7, 2014

Real Courage Quotes

The New York Racing Association, Inc.

Sunday, September 7, 2014

 

Real Courage Quotes

 

Christophe Clement, winning trainer of Za Approval (No. 4): "He had a great race in the [2013] Breeders' Cup Mile, and then came back and had a pretty good race in the Grade 1 [Kilroe Mile]. He was a bit disappointing after that, and I'm not really sure why. I don't think he likes the heat. Today was a bit of a cooler day, and I think he enjoyed that."

 

Was it the plan to be on the lead? "There are two ways to answer this. One is for me to look very smart and say 'Of course, that was the plan.' Two, which is the truth, and to say, 'That was not at all the plan.' But that is why I use Joel [Rosario]; he is a very good rider and can adapt to that kind of a race."

 

Can you comment on Belmont Stakes winner Tonalist's work this morning? "He had a superb work this morning; five-eighths in 1:00 1/5. It was an easy work, and he was not too aggressive. We worked him in company and in blinkers, just to see the way he acted, and he had a very good work. I spoke with Mr. [Robert] Evans, and the plan is to point to the Jockey Club Gold Cup [Grade 1, 1 ¼ miles, September 27]. He'll have two more works; Joel will be aboard for one of them, and we'll go from there."

 

Joel Rosario, winning jockey aboard Za Approval (No. 4): "I was surprised to find myself on the lead. I did not expect that, but he was travelling well. Even when the other horses came to him [straightening for home] he kept improving his position."

 

Forward this email



This email was sent to patrickjpatten.tpaposts@blogger.com by nyracommunications@nyrainc.com |  


The New York Racing Association, Inc. | NYRA | Press Office | P.O. Box 90 | Jamaica | NY | 11417