Friday, September 5, 2014

Left Bank Quotes

The New York Racing Association, Inc.

Friday, September 5, 2014

 

Left Bank Quotes

 

Ken McPeek, winning trainer of Golden Ticket (No. 2): "Last time [in the Grade 1 Whitney] I think we made a mistake trying to chase Moreno. I was a little worried [today] that he was too far back, but [jockey Joel Rosario] knows the horse, and every time he has ridden him he has run really well. This horse - this was his 28th start - he's just hickory. Next start will be the [Grade 1] Breeders' Cup [Dirt] Mile [on October 31 at Santa Anita], and then I think we'll call it a career."

 

"[Being] a Speightstown colt [and] out of a Deputy Minister mare, I think [one mile] is his best distance. It's tricky - it's hard to find. We actually had the choice of running in the [Grade 3] Ack Ack Handicap tomorrow at Churchill or here [in the Left Bank]. Being that this a restricted race, we thought it'd be a bit easier, but there were bears in here."

 

Joel Rosario, winning jockey aboard Golden Ticket (No. 2): "[Ken McPeek] asked me, 'You want instructions?' I said, 'No, I rode him before [most recently when he was second in the Alysheba on May 2 at Churchill Downs]. I don't need instructions.' I thought there was a little bit of speed. He broke well; I let him come with a big run, because that's the way he likes to run. I was very happy with his performance."

Forward this email



This email was sent to patrickjpatten.tpaposts@blogger.com by nyracommunications@nyrainc.com |  


The New York Racing Association, Inc. | NYRA | Press Office | P.O. Box 90 | Jamaica | NY | 11417