Saturday, September 27, 2014

Kelso Handicap (G2) Quotes

The New York Racing Association, Inc.

Saturday, September 27, 2014

 

Kelso Handicap (G2) Quotes

 

Rudy Rodriguez, winning trainer of Vyjack (No. 3): "Today, the key was coming out of the gate. Today, he broke good. I was very pleased with the way he was working in the morning, and I was happy to see him win because he'd been training very, very well in the mornings. Going a mile, he doesn't have to break as sharp [as he needs to] going shorter.  Today, he broke well, put himself in a very good position and the pace was good for us. He did what we wanted him to do all along; he's a nice horse. To see him get beat was kind of hard, but he was running against some nice horses. To see him show up today was very, very special. Our main goal had been the Cigar Mile [Grade 1, Aqueduct Racetrack, November 29], but now I have to talk to the owner and see what his plans are now."

 

Irad Ortiz, Jr., winning jockey aboard Vyjack (No. 3): "When he broke well, he had a good chance. In his last couple of races he was missing the start. It's hard to miss the start and beat those horses. You have to break good."

 

"I brought him outside because I knew he likes to come around. I tried to do what's best for the horse."

 

Eddie Plesa, trainer of third-place finisher and beaten favorite Itsmyluckyday (No. 7): "We got beat. That's why they race horses. They don't give you anything. I'm going to have to look at the race over again and see what I think. Maybe he was laying close, maybe he wasn't. I wasn't on him. It would be easy to say that [he was up too close to the pace] right now. I'm not willing to say that right now. I'm going to have to look at the race a little bit harder. I don't know what we'll do next. We'll get him back to the barn and see how he is."

 

Paco Lopez, jockey aboard third-place finisher and beaten favorite Itsmyluckyday (No. 7): "He tried really hard, but I don't think he liked the track."


Forward this email



This email was sent to patrickjpatten.tpaposts@blogger.com by nyracommunications@nyrainc.com |  


The New York Racing Association, Inc. | NYRA | Press Office | P.O. Box 90 | Jamaica | NY | 11417