Sunday, September 14, 2014

John Hettinger (NYB) Quotes

The New York Racing Association, Inc.

Sunday, September 14, 2014

 

John Hettinger (NYB) Quotes

 

Bruce Levine, winning trainer of Invading Humor (No. 10): "She's really been a little bit of a surprise. She's overachieved this year. She's got a big heart and is as game as they come. I was a little nervous when the other two went outside them [Effie Trinket and Mah Jong Maddnes], but she's a fighter. But when she dug in and they straightened out, I knew she had more. We'll come back on Empire Showcase Day [in the $150,000 Iroquois on October 18] if all is well."  

 

 

Rajiv Maragh, winning jockey aboard Invading Humor (No. 10): "I didn't ask her until I got to the stretch. I thought I still had horse, but until you let them loose you never know. When I asked her to run, she just sprinted away. I hadn't ridden her in a while, but I won on her going a mile. This was only a furlong more, and I thought she could handle it. Even through the wire, she kept on going." 

Forward this email



This email was sent to patrickjpatten.tpaposts@blogger.com by nyracommunications@nyrainc.com |  


The New York Racing Association, Inc. | NYRA | Press Office | P.O. Box 90 | Jamaica | NY | 11417