Thursday, August 28, 2014

With Anticipation (G2) Quotes

The New York Racing Association, Inc.

Thursday, August 28, 2014

 

With Anticipation (G2) Quotes

 

Chad Brown, winning trainer of Startup Nation (No. 1): "I'm very impressed. The horse had run similarly in his debut, very impressive, with a big, wide move running away. But running back in just three weeks and now against open company, nevertheless a stakes race, you need to move forward. For this horse to run back in three weeks and run the way he did, in 1:41 and change, he's a real runner."

 

Regarding a run at the training title:** "We're just going to go race by race and put them in the right spots. I thought I had good chances today going in. All the horses are in the right spots and they're all doing well. We have one more to go, so we'll just stick to our plan here and see what happens."

 

Is the Breeders' Cup a goal? "I'd say. I haven't been following the entire country to see what's out there for juveniles on the turf; I'm sure some haven't even run yet. But from what's run already, I'd say these two horses that ran the last two days here are as good as I've seen out there. Time will tell, but I wouldn't trade with anybody."

 

Joel Rosario, winning jockey aboard Startup Nation (No. 1): "I thought I had a lot of horse; I ran by [International Star] and tried to give him some room on the inside. I thought [International Star] came out a little bit, too. [Startup Nation] is the kind of horse, when he gets started, he keeps on going. After I made the move, he took off and improved position from there."

 

**Note: With the victory, his third of the day, Brown now trails Todd Pletcher by one race, 23-22.

Forward this email



This email was sent to patrickjpatten.tpaposts@blogger.com by nyracommunications@nyrainc.com |  


The New York Racing Association, Inc. | NYRA | Press Office | P.O. Box 90 | Jamaica | NY | 11417