Thursday, August 21, 2014

Union Avenue (NYB) Quotes

The New York Racing Association, Inc.

Thursday, August 21, 2014

 

Union Avenue (NYB) Quotes

 

Linda Rice, winning trainer of Uncle Southern (No. 5): "She really dug in the stretch. The last time we ran her it came off the turf, and she loved the mud. That might be her best surface. I noticed in her last race, when it looked like the forecast called for rain, I thought I'd give it a chance."

 

"That was the plan. I thought we might have a little bit of a pace advantage in here. It didn't look like there was a lot of speed, only Risky Rachel, and it was questionable whether she would like the mud. I thought we'd just jump away from there and get to the lead. It looked like the closers were winning earlier today which concerned me a bit, but I was hoping they'd leave us unattended on the pace and maybe that would work for us."

 

"I think the Dixie Brasses excel on the mud, and I think that's a big play for her. She seems to be coming into her best form now as a 4-year-old, and I think that's helping as well."

 

Luis Saez, winning jockey aboard Uncle Southern (No. 5): "We didn't see a lot of speed [in the race], but we knew my filly had speed. Linda told me, 'You can go on the lead, and let's see what we've got.' I thought someone was coming to get me, but she responded when I switched my stick [to my left hand]."

Forward this email



This email was sent to patrickjpatten.tpaposts@blogger.com by nyracommunications@nyrainc.com |  


The New York Racing Association, Inc. | NYRA | Press Office | P.O. Box 90 | Jamaica | NY | 11417