Monday, August 25, 2014

Quotes from the New York Turf Writers' Cup (G1), run in memory of Thomas H. Voss

The New York Racing Association, Inc.

Monday, August 25, 2014

Quotes from the New York Turf Writers' Cup (G1), run in memory of Tom Voss

 

Richard Valentine, winning trainer of Demonstrative (No. 7): "I'm incredibly proud of my horse and my crew, but it's bittersweet."

 

Robert Walsh, winning jockey aboard Demonstrative (No. 7): "It was a pretty good trip. I was where I wanted to be early, down inside and covered up. Then it got tight down in there and I was starting to get shuffled back, so I made a move to get a little closer again so I wouldn't get in trouble. Then I got trapped inside again turning for home. Luckily, there was enough of a gap on the inside. I took it and I got to the front a bit sooner than I wanted, but I had no choice because otherwise I wasn't going to get a run."

 

Forward this email



This email was sent to patrickjpatten.tpaposts@blogger.com by nyracommunications@nyrainc.com |  


The New York Racing Association, Inc. | NYRA | Press Office | P.O. Box 90 | Jamaica | NY | 11417