Wednesday, August 27, 2014

P.G. Johnson Quotes

The New York Racing Association, Inc.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014


 

P.G. Johnson Quotes


 

Chad Brown, winning trainer of Partisan Politics (No. 3): "We spoke about it in the paddock, Javier and I, and we really wanted the spot the No. 1 [Ancient Goddess] was in going into the first turn. Handicapping the race, I thought there were two speed horses, and I knew that European horses generally don't break well first time out, so I said, 'See if you can break and get right in the pocket.' That's the trip I wanted, and maybe wait for a hole turning for home. When the No. 1 got my spot and [Partisan Politics] was four wide, I was not happy. I'm really proud of this horse, for her to go wide the whole way and still power home and win convincingly. I wasn't positive she wanted to go a mile and a sixteenth quite yet; that's why I debuted her sprinting. I thought today we would have had to save a little more ground to win, but she didn't need it; she got a wide trip and still won."


 

Javier Castellano, winning jockey aboard Partisan Politics (No. 3): "It got rough a little bit in the beginning of the race. I was able to put her in a good spot today. I think the first [race] was too short for her. Now [trainer Chad Brown] put her in at a mile and a sixteenth and she was very comfortable today. I was very honored to win the race. I knew P.G. Johnson very well in the past. He was such a great guy, a very honest guy."


Forward this email



This email was sent to patrickjpatten.tpaposts@blogger.com by nyracommunications@nyrainc.com |  


The New York Racing Association, Inc. | NYRA | Press Office | P.O. Box 90 | Jamaica | NY | 11417