Sunday, August 31, 2014

Glens Falls (G3) Quotes

The New York Racing Association, Inc.

Sunday, August 31, 2014

 

Glens Falls (G3) Quotes

 

Christophe Clement, winning trainer of Irish Mission (No. 6): "I think she can do even better than that. I'm delighted because the filly deserves to win. Mr. [Robert] Evans, as you know, has been a big supporter of the stable with Tonalist and I'm delighted for him. She's the most beautiful mare to look at. She's obviously going to be a great broodmare prospect in the future. She was so comfortable with Johnny [Velazquez] that the fractions were irrelevant. We have three major races in the fall for fillies and mares [Grade 1 Flower Bowl Invitational, September 27, Belmont Park; Grade 1 E. P. Taylor, October 19, Woodbine; Grade 1 Rodeo Drive, September 27, Santa Anita Park], and we'll aim at one of them."

 

John Velazquez, winning jockey aboard Irish Mission (No. 6): "She broke good. I put her right behind the speed and came out at the eighth pole. When I needed her, she responded. She made me look good. It worked out good today. I had her covered up when I needed to and got out when I needed to."

 

Forward this email



This email was sent to patrickjpatten.tpaposts@blogger.com by nyracommunications@nyrainc.com |  


The New York Racing Association, Inc. | NYRA | Press Office | P.O. Box 90 | Jamaica | NY | 11417