Friday, July 18, 2014

Sir Cat Quotes

The New York Racing Association, Inc.

Friday, July 18, 2014

 

Sir Cat Quotes

 

Bill Mott, winning trainer of Tourist (No. 5): "It didn't surprise me [he improved when switched to the turf]. The problem was, he ran just well enough on the dirt that we kind of kept trying him. We all want a Derby horse, right? We tried him one or two extra times on the dirt than, maybe, was to his benefit, but it's all coming together now."

 

"There are a few 3-year-old races left for the year. I guess what we have got to decide is if he'll stretch out beyond a mile. We have to figure out what direction we want to go now."

 

Joel Rosario, winning jockey aboard Tourist (No. 5): "He's a talented horse. It's nice to come on opening day and get a stakes win, I'm happy already. It was a good trip. He broke well, and I could see the horse in front was trying to take the lead. But my horse is a kind of free runner, and I let him do his work and take me all the way to the winner's circle."

 

Forward this email



This email was sent to patrickjpatten.tpaposts@blogger.com by nyracommunications@nyrainc.com |  


The New York Racing Association, Inc. | NYRA | Press Office | P.O. Box 90 | Jamaica | NY | 11417