Monday, July 21, 2014

Shine Again Quotes

The New York Racing Association, Inc.

Monday, July 21, 2014

 

Shine Again Quotes

 

Tom Albertrani, winning trainer of Better Lucky (No. 6): "I was getting a little bit concerned until I saw the :44 and change pop up there, and then I thought she could close; it would just be a matter of getting there in time. When they were turning for home, I could see she was getting a little closer, then at the eighth pole, I knew she was going to get up there. It worked out perfectly."

 

"I think seven-eighths to a mile is really her best distance. Surface doesn't really matter; she's won on three different types of surfaces. She's a really talented filly and she was on her game today. Hopefully we can use this to go to the [Grade 1, $500,000] Ballerina [on August 23]."

 

Javier Castellano, winning jockey aboard Better Lucky (No. 6): "It was a beautiful trip. That's where I wanted to be at, that's the way I handicapped the race. There were only four horses in the race. In a small field, I mean, three horses with speed. They were head to head to head."

 

"At one point in the backside, I felt in my mind that they went pretty quick. I could feel that I didn't want to go at the same pace with my horse. I didn't want to take away anything. I didn't want to be too far back, but I didn't want to ask her too much. And it worked out perfectly, because at the top of the stretch I saw the horses starting to come back to me. They started to slow down, like they were in slow motion. In the right place at the right time."

 

"I know she's got a good kick, but I just had to find the best place to use it. 'Better lucky,' you know? I found the best place and I won the way the race unfolded. A lot of speed horses in the race. They went pretty quick, but it paid off in the long term."

 

Bill Mott, trainer of runner-up Grace Hall (No. 2): "I think she was the best horse in the race. She was bothered at the three-sixteenths pole and had to come out of there and go around, and she had to alter course at the eighth pole."

 

Joel Rosario, jockey of runner-up Grace Hall (No. 2): "It was a little rough, you know, past the three-eighths pole. [My Miss Aurelia] was just coming."

 

Todd Pletcher, trainer of beaten favorite and third-place finisher My Miss Aurelia (No. 4): "I thought she ran very well. She hadn't run in a long time, and she fought hard and just got a little tired in the last hundred yards. I think she showed a lot of try and I just left her a little bit short."

Forward this email



This email was sent to patrickjpatten.tpaposts@blogger.com by nyracommunications@nyrainc.com |  


The New York Racing Association, Inc. | NYRA | Press Office | P.O. Box 90 | Jamaica | NY | 11417