Saturday, July 12, 2014

Bowling Green Handicap (G2) Quotes

The New York Racing Association, Inc.

Saturday, July 12, 2014

 

Bowling Green Handicap (G2) Quotes

 

Jason Servis, winning trainer of Hangover Kid (No. 1), by telephone: "It was thrilling; I wish I could have been there. I felt really good having [Jose] Lezcano on him; he's been riding unbelievable. The only thing I told him is ride him like you own him."

 

"We'd like to go to the Breeders' Cup with him. This race - being a graded stakes - got him points. I don't know where he'll go next, but the Breeders' Cup is the ultimate goal."

 

Jose Lezcano, winning jockey aboard Hangover Kid (No. 1): "I know the pace was slow, and [Servis] told me to keep him right there. When I asked him, he gave me a very good kick. I prayed it would open up for me, and when [John Velazquez aboard No. 3 Boisterous] went out a little bit, my horse took off."

Forward this email



This email was sent to patrickjpatten.tpaposts@blogger.com by vkellner@nyrainc.com |  


The New York Racing Association, Inc. | NYRA | Press Office | P.O. Box 90 | Jamaica | NY | 11417