Saturday, May 31, 2014

Kingston (NYB) Quotes

The New York Racing Association, Inc.

Saturday, May 31, 2014

 

Kingston (NYB) Quotes

 

Javier Castellano, winning jockey aboard Kharafa (No. 4): "Perfect trip; I was right where I wanted to be. I didn't see much pace in the race, my horse broke sharp and he put me in a good spot. Basically, today I was just a pilot, and he took me to the wire. I didn't think anybody could catch him, because I felt him going very fast."

 

Timothy Hills, winning trainer of Kharafa (No. 4): "When [Lubash] drew [post position 1], he doesn't have quite enough speed and he kind of got bottled in there. Javier's got his number. He knows how to ride. [Kharafa] gets real strong and he gets almost rank. [Castellano] picks his hands off his neck and he calms down rather than wrestling with him. It makes all the difference in the world."

 

"We'll just stay with the series. I think there's one coming up at Saratoga [$150,000 West Point on August 24]. I think, maybe, we'll find something in between."


This email was sent to patrickjpatten.tpaposts@blogger.com by nyracommunications@nyrainc.com |  
The New York Racing Association, Inc. | NYRA | Press Office | P.O. Box 90 | Jamaica | NY | 11417