Sunday, May 4, 2014

Corrected subject line: Gold Fever Quotes

The New York Racing Association, Inc.

Sunday, May 4, 2014

 

Gold Fever Overnight Stakes Quotes

 

Guadalupe Preciado, winning trainer of Favorite Tale (No. 4): "He might have run a little too close to the [Grade 3] Bay Shore, when he ran back on 12 days rest. We didn't think he ran that hard the race before, but we made a mistake and we're learning. [The Gold Fever] was the race we were hoping to see from him the first time we ran in New York. We'll see how he comes back and go from there."

 

Jose Luis Flores, winning jockey aboard Favorite Tale (No. 4): "I saw [Pure Sensation] broke sharp and I didn't want to go head-to-head with him, so I let [Pure Sensation] go a little bit. I took my horse outside. My horse has a big heart when he's outside. After that, he was running very good. He's a nice, classy horse. I think he'll keep getting better and better."

 

John Velazquez, jockey aboard beaten favorite and third-place finisher Havana (No. 1a): "He actually didn't break as good as I thought he would and he wound up chasing. He hasn't run in a long time and he ran as well as he could today, with the break. He's supposed to get tired, anyway."

This email was sent to patrickjpatten.tpaposts@blogger.com by nyracommunications@nyrainc.com |  
The New York Racing Association, Inc. | NYRA | Press Office | P.O. Box 90 | Jamaica | NY | 11417