Saturday, May 31, 2014

Commentator (NYB) Quotes

The New York Racing Association, Inc.

Saturday, May 31, 2014

 

Commentator (NYB) Quotes

 

Cherie DeVaux, assistant to winning trainer Chad Brown, of Zivo (No. 5): "That was very exciting. It's been really rewarding to have him in the barn. He's such a professional, gutting it out and getting there right when he needs to. I'm sure everyone heard me cheering for him. He waits until the very last second, but he knows what he's doing. We'll see how he comes out of the race and take it from there."

 

Jose Ortiz, winning rider aboard Zivo (No. 5): "They didn't really give me instructions, but I know the horse very well. I was worried because the track is playing fast. There was a little traffic but I asked him to go little by little. I saw [Big Business] was ahead by three lengths when I got clear, so I thought maybe I wouldn't get there, but I kept riding and he kept flying."


This email was sent to patrickjpatten.tpaposts@blogger.com by nyracommunications@nyrainc.com |  
The New York Racing Association, Inc. | NYRA | Press Office | P.O. Box 90 | Jamaica | NY | 11417