Saturday, July 17, 2010

JAIPUR (G3) QUOTES

Saturday, July 17, 2010

 

 

JAIPUR (G3) QUOTES

 

Rick Dutrow, winning trainer of Stradivinsky (No. 4): “He loves running fresh, and C.C. [Lopez] gave him a great ride. I told C.C. to concentrate on getting him out of the gate. This horse runs well with spacing, and he likes Churchill Downs, so we’ll run him one more time and then point to the Breeders’ Cup Sprint.”

 

C.C. Lopez, winning jockey aboard Stradivinsky (No. 4): “I’ve been back riding for less than a month [since I was injured earlier in the year] and this is my first winner at Belmont. He broke really, really well and I didn’t realize that there was a loose horse until I saw him inside of me going to the half-mile pole.  I said to myself ‘well, I can’t let him get in front of me because I don’t know where he’s going to go after he gets in front of me.’ So, I pinched him a little bit to get him out of there and from there my horse ran his eyeballs out, he really did.”